From: Monday to Sunday
*not available on Tuesday & Thursday
Colosseum and Rome City Center Tour
Rome, Lazio - Italy
About this trip
Roma Caput Mundi, Roma the Eternal City, Roma the City of God, Roma the City of Seven Hills: Rome has been given many names, because many are the ages it has been trough. The Great Roman Empire might have been long gone, but Rome continues to conquer everyone so far for its splendor and greatness.
If it’s true as it’s said that “all the roads lead to Rome”, you need to walk through this magnificent open-air Museum… with our Colosseum and Rome City Center Tour.
We’ll start from the baroque Piazza Navona, where your guide will introduce you to the best works of the “frenemies” Bernini and Borromini. The Trevi Fountain will call you next (but please don’t get inside like in “La Dolce Vita”!), the Pantheon and his roundness will embrace you and the magnificent Piazza Venezia will astound you. We’ll rest under the Trajan’s Column, remembrance of Emperor Hadrian’s victory in Dacia and then continue our walk through history around the Roman Forum archaeological area. Now you can really understand that “Rome wasn’t built in a day”: majestic columns, old temples and ancient squares surround, witness of the glorious life of the Great Roman Empire.
A little further away you’ll finally see the icon of Rome, the Colosseum! We’ll avoid the crowd pointing directly at the Gladiator’s Gate, a far less populated entrance with no waiting line and no stress. And here you will be, on the arena floor of this massive amphitheatre where you’ll seem to hear the echoes of the Gladiators, forced to either kill or get killed.
Local licensed guide
Tickets and fully guided historic Rome tour to: Roman Forum archaeological area, Gladiator Gate, Colosseum Arena, Palatine Hill
Fast track Colosseum entrance
Departure - Piazza Navona 25, Rome, by the Tourist office
Departure Time - 9am
Return Time - duration ca. 3.5 h
Dress Code - Comfortable (suggested)
Include - Personal Guide, Entry Fees,
Not Include - Lunch, Hotel Pickup, Breakfast, Colosseum Underground (Hypogeum)
– Price per Person: Adults 89 € / Children & Adolescents (6-17) 79 € / Infants (0-5) free
– Departure: 9 am (with meeting time 8.45 am) at Piazza Navona 25, by the Tourist office/ return: 12.30 am
– Cancellation Policy: 8 days before Tour date and time free cancellation / 7-5 days before 50 % / from 4 days before we will charge 100%.-
– Small group tour in English (average group size: 15-20 persons) with licensed guide
– Available on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
– Unfortunately, the tour is NOT accessible with wheelchair